96 Clarence Drive, G12 9RN, Glasgow

About Us

Built between 1901 and 1910 by J. A. MacTaggarts & Co. who were responsible for developing the North-West corner of Hyndland as part of a development production of 300 Glasgow tenements, the original designs were submitted as far back as 1902 by Andrew Mickel architects under plan number 1/8953. Originally a construction of 5 tenements of 2-4 bedrooms and kitchens with bathroom, the sunlit sloping awning on the corner of Clarence Drive belongs to the St. George Co-Operative Society – known today as the Drive Supermarket. The tram lines were installed down Clarence Drive in 1910 before Hyndland Secondary School was established in 1912 with the shops towards the top of Clarence Drive in 1926. Through various incarnations, the presence of the café has been a pillar of the Hyndland community and under the stewardship of Stewart and Kim; it will continue to be so well into the future.

At the heart of the Hyndland Café are owners Stewart and Kim Bisley. Married since 1996, Stewart and Kim have a beautiful daughter Maia and an adorable bichon frise called Rosie. As a submariner in the Royal Navy for 23 years, Stewart’s retirement gave the Bisleys a chance to enjoy a more relaxing pace of business closer to home and the Hyndland Café has provided a warming balance of family and work. ‘’The first two years were a huge learning curve for both of us and we relied heavily on our team to show us the ropes’’ says Kim. A major part in developing the atmosphere of family and strong community ties in the café have come from a strong team mentality across the staff who tirelessly strive daily to provide excellent customer service and fabulous food. ‘’We want our loyal customers to stay with us and to spread word to their friends’’ say Stewart and Kim as they invite you into The Hyndland Café.

Top